UNC Asheville owes a great debt to the many private and corporate foundations that have enriched our programs and facilities with their support.
Here are several recent highlights:
- The Bernard Osher Foundation and Janirve Foundation awarded the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute a total of $3 million for an operating and facility endowment, affording the Institute welcome security to serve its 2,200 members.
- The Sisters of Mercy of North Carolina Foundation awarded the university a $67,620 grant to help implement the AVID Higher Education program to better serve first generation students.
- The Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation made three gifts of $1 million each to launch the North Carolina Center for Health and Wellness, allowing it to serve organizations devoted to illness prevention programs.
- The Glass Foundation helped us build a portion of the Reed Creek Greenway system with a $30,000 grant.
- For the eighth consecutive year, the Gem Fund of the AAUW has a made a $1,000 - $4,000 grant for scholarships for deserving students.